This event will take place under the supervision of our partner – to determine the third set of qualifiers for the chess event at the Grand Finale of MindGames Premier Championship – MPC 2019 holding later in the year.
- The top 8 finishers from each qualifying tournament will qualify to participate in the MPC 2019 GRAND FINALE
- Top female finisher at each qualifier will also qualify to participate in the Grand Finale event. (If a female player finishes in the top 8, the slot goes to the next in line)
- Best overall performer in the Intermediate category who hasn’t qualified already at the end of all qualifying series will be invited to the MPC Grand Finale
- Best overall performer in the Opens category who hasn’t qualified already at the end of all qualifying series will be invited to the MPC Grand Finale
- 2 wildcards each will automatically be awarded to the partner clubs hosting the qualifying event and the Grand Finale
- Already qualified players will be exempted from taking further parts in the qualifying events
- Foreign-based international players including Nigerian players in diaspora will be eligible to participate in the MPC Grand Finale (Number MAY be capped
|VENUE:||Chevron Center, Gbagada - Lagos|
|DATE:||August 11th, 2019|
|Event type:||RAPID VERSION|
|Time control:||20 min + 10 Secs|
The registration fee for the event will be N5000 only. Registration will close on August 9th, 2019. Please note that onsite registration will NOT be tolerated.
FEMALE players and STUDENTS get 40% discount off the registration fee.
This event will be a single division event with players categorized in Class A & B & C. The top female player also goes home with a cash prize. See prize distribution table below;
|POSITION||OVER 2000 ELO||1801-2000 ELO||0 - 1800 ELO||FEMALE|
Provided there are 50 registered players at least. Otherwise, single category with prizes up to 12 positions.
Please note that no player is eligible for more than one prize. Where a player qualifies for more than one prize, the player shall be awarded the higher of the two prizes, while the forfeited prize goes to the player next in line for that category
The event is not restrictive in any way or form and all chess players in Nigeria are eligible to participate except for those players serving a ban imposed by the Nigeria Chess Federation or their club.
Already registered players who cancel their registration are entitled to a refund provided the cancellation request is received in writing by the organizers at least three days before the start of the event. Any request received after the specified period will not be processed and player forfeits the registration fee in full. ALL REFUNDS ARE SUBJECT TO A CANCELLATION CHARGE OF N1000.
The organizers reserve the right to reject entries and also to modify/change the format of the event as deemed necessary to account for unforeseen circumstances. MGi shall have no liability whatsoever for any injury, death, loss or damage caused to, or suffered by any player, player’s guest or representative, or any equipment, clothing or personal item of player, his guest or representative whilst at the venue, accommodation or at any other location during the tournament.
DRESSING & CODE OF CONDUCT
All players should endeavour to dress neatly and appropriately during the event. Unkempt or provocative dressing will not be tolerated and any player found guilty may be excused from the tournament venue.
It is very important for players who will be arriving late to notify organizers of their circumstance and confirm participation before the start of event on day one.
By continuing to register for this event, player acknowledges to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of MGi.